Friday 13 August 2010

An Advertisement Against Political Correctness

The latest UK police counter-terror advertisement asking for us the public, their employers, to help to combat terrorism has been banned, apparently.
Only rightly so too, but not for the usual reasons we've become accustomed to. Oh no, you see this radio piece for the terror-hotline, which to describe as a monumental fucking fail would be a monumental fucking understatement, described a 'potential terrorist' as someone like:

"The man at the end of the street [who] doesn't talk to his neighbours much, because he likes to keep himself to himself. He pays with cash because he doesn't have a bank card, and he keeps his curtains closed because his house is on a bus route".

What ? Oh , oh I see, it would seem that whoever come up with this particular piece of politically-correct police-propaganda is a fucking idiot.
They must be. They've just described an agoraphobic, a new home-owner, a loner, an old man, someone's Granddad, anyone with a bad credit rating, you, me, anyone except what we all think a terrorist to be really.
Fuck, they really have just described me, I keep my curtains closed and I live on a bus route ! Although I keep my curtains closed not because I'm a terrorist, but because I often wander 'round naked in my living room. Actually no, I keep my curtains closed because I don't want the local idle living, thieving bastards eyeing up my stuff.
Lets face it, the mind of whomever came up with this crap is completely riddled with PC nonsense. So much so that in trying not to offend a small group of people in the UK, they have offended a larger group and hence had their shitty ad banned.
This PC nonsense seems to destroy the rational thought process and ability to comprehend the fucking obvious of it's victims. Brilliant !
In their next attempt to have the public help out in spotting terrorists and not just snitching up their neighbours, I suggest that they first comprehend that, at present, the terror threat facing the UK is coming from people who look like this.


Only then they will come out with advertisements that closer reflect reality, rather than fantasy, like this one



http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/latest/2010/08/11/anti-terror-hotline-advert-banned-115875-22479266/
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-10929203
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100811/wl_uk_afp/britainpoliceterrorism
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/7936808/Anti-terrorist-hotline-ad-banned.html

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...