Tuesday 21 September 2010

The Strangeness Of It All

The All Seeing Eye has a good post up about one of those great Islamic inventions that the world could simply not do without, The Porto-Mosque or 'mosque in a box'.

And that's basically what it is, a fucking cardboard box by the looks of it. I had to laugh when looking over the pictures of this thing I tell you. In one the entrepreneurial imam is showing off a few of these contraptions in a room and each one is pointing in a different direction. If any are pointing to Mecca I don't know, nor do I give a shit, but if the imam is planning to deploy these things into the workplace, as he says he is, then he may want to consider going back to the drawing board.
I shouldn't be too critical though, a fool and his money are easily parted as they say and in the market this imam is targeting I see plenty of fools.

Anyway the Eye's post reminded me of something I stumbled upon a while back, the 'Auto Wudu Washer'

The Auto Wudu. Made in Australia.

Now I'm  not being funny but, before ever knowing what the hell these things were, I travelled to many an Islamic country and I'm just glad I never encountered one less I just happened to mistake if for some sort of futuristic, super-duper, all in one urinal.
I'm guessing that would be a costly mistake.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...